Thursday, June 11, 2009

Back to the grind

Yesterday (Wednesday) I got back on my ironman training program more or less. I did a swim in the morning for about 45 minutes. As usual I didn't complete the full workout. The pool is crowded on Wednesdays and is worse now that it doesn't open until 7 am. I may have to switch my days a bit and swim on Tuesdays and Thursdays. After work, I went for a 45 minutes run and did intervals of speed work for 3 minutes (3 minutes fast and 3 minutes regular speed.) Today I was planning a 90 minute bike ride but it looks like it will be raining. This morning I swam again and did a 1000 m time trial. but, I lost track of the number of laps I was doing and didn't get a very accurate time. I am planning a 4 hour ride on saturday followed by a short run and then a longer run on Sunday. I am still having a problem with a blister on my right big toe. I keep getting a blister in the same spot and it has been happening with different sneakers so I don't think it is just my footwear. I am a little concerned because I would not be able to run a marathon at the moment without being in severe pain. I have to get that figured out before my ironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment