Monday, June 4, 2012

It's Been a While

I haven't had time to make many entries on here. I have been training quite a bit for 2 events this summer: Ironman Tremblant 70.3 and the full Ironman in August at the same place. My training is going well. I have cycled about 1400 outdoor k this spring. I haven't raced at all so my intensity hasn't been high but my endurance and strength is good. I have been doing a lot of long runs and I think my running is better than it has been in while. Last year I worked on speed with some success but didn't do much long running and had a hard run in the one half-ironman I did last spring. I have been feeling very lately on my long runs. Yesterday i did a very hilly 16-17 k around New Glasgow and if i had more time, easily could have kept going. I feel that I am further along than I was at this time last year. My swimmingis pretty strong as I do that fairly hard all year. I need to work a bit on distance as I fade a bit at around 3000 metres. I am actually enjoying not racing much. Last year I did something like 13 races and basically wore myself out. This year I am trying to concentrate on just a few.

Otherwise, things are good. Busy at work. I have finished construction of a new pool at my house which is more for leisure than for training.

No comments:

Post a Comment