Thursday, October 31, 2013

Fall 2013: This past year has been a quiet one for this blog. I have been at a bit of a crossroads re training. I didn't have any big fitness goals in 2013; I did two half -ironmans - one in June at Mount Tremblant and one in July In St. Andrews. I did a sprint triathlon in Brudenell and an Olympic distance race in august in Malpaque and that was about it. That is the least amount of races I have done in the last 6 or 7 years. On one hand, it was nice not having too train all the time. On the other hand, I wasn't really pleased with my results because (of course) not training as much does not cause you to get better. Doing a half ironman is an accomplishment and shouldn't be discounted. But compared to what I have done in the past, I didn't feel very challenged. So, I am turning 50 this year and have a few more specific goals. I have registered for Ironman Tremblant in August, 2014; I want to do a few running races before that and am thinking of doing the Halifax (Bluenose) Marathon in May, 2014. I am registered for the Challenge St. Andrews in July, 2014; I am also thinking of a European half-ironman in June or July, 2014.

I am doing a the same swim program this winter from Ken Fitzpatrick, who is a swim coach at the University of Western Ontario and former Olympian. My swimming was the only thing that improved last year because I did a specific program and stick to it. (unlike my running and biking) This winter, I am going to try and do some regular training on my bike trainer and well as my running and swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment