Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Back to the grind

I got home from Montreal on Monday evening and am a bit tired having had a couple of late nights. Yesterday (tuesday) I taught my spin class at the Spa. Next week will be my last week for doing these classes and then I will be done for the summer.

This morning we had our wednesday swim class with Dave. He had an under water camera today and videotaped our stroke from under water. The good news is that my hand, arm and elbow position as it strikes the water is pretty good. It is supposed to be the hand hitting the water first, then forearm coming in on an angle, keeping your elbow from sinking down. The bad news is that my kicking is poor. I already knew this. My legs are stiff and I kick unevenly. We did some swimming with paddles and then without to get the feel of the water. We ended with some back stroke and butterfly. I am just fair at both of these strokes. I plan to run after work today around 10 k. Looking ahead, it is not that warm out for cycling but I hope to get out at least once on the weekend. I would like to cycle out to New Glasgow and do some of the hills around there. As well, I plan to step up the distance a bit on my running and do a 23 k run this weekend. The weather, of course, can interfere with those plans. As I mentioned in previous entries, I am doing the Mooseman Triathlon on June 6th and that is not a lot of time to get ready to do a good half ironman race.

3 comments:

  1. Scott what time are we riding to New Glasgow on Saturday? Jenn is running till 9 AM after that I'm good to go! Rode through the park last night, my toes are still cold!

    Have you ever had problems with your seat post slipping? My quads were burning up last night until I realized that every time I hit a bump my seat post would slip down half an inch. I'm concerned about putting too much torque on the seat post clamp and crushing the carbon.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie- I was actually thinking of doing my biking on sunday as it might be a bit warmer. i have to work at the Pinch Penny Fair on sat morning. If that doesn't suit you i could go biking around 1 pm on sat and do my run on sunday. let me know. I haven't had any problems with my seat slipping. i have had my aerobars loosen when i hit bumps but not the seat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott I'm good to go Sunday AM anytime after 10:30.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete