Saturday, April 11, 2009

Running cures all.

I went for a nice slow hour long run this morning along the lachine canal in old Montreal. This was after a somewhat late night out in Montreal (3amish) Old Montreal is beautiful and it was a nice sunny day. The great thing about running is that you can do it where ever you go. I sat around the hotel drinking coffee and reading newspapers till about 11:30 am and then ran.

As usual, I felt better during the second half of the run coming back to the hotel. The one thing you do get from ironman training is great endurance and I can usually run up to two hours without exerting myself too much. (beyond 2 hours is work no matter how fit you are) You see interesting things when you run in big cities. Today, there was a guy practicing tight rope walking by the canal. Yesterday, there was some sort of Good Friday religious procession on Mount Royal with people walking carrying a cross and singing. I decided not too bother trying to go for a swim as it was too nice out today. So far this week, I have been swimming 3 times, running four times, did a spinning class and cycled outside once. I may take tomorrow off.

No comments:

Post a Comment