Monday, May 17, 2010

Getting Slack about Blogging

I just looked at my blog as was surprised to see that my last post was over a week ago. The time flies by pretty quick. One useful thing about this blog as a record of my training is that it allows me to look back to last year to compare. I recently went back into my blog archive to see how I was doing last year at the same time getting ready for the Mooseman triathlon. I think I am a bit ahead this year mainly because the early spring.

One of the highlights of last week's training was doing some sprinting at the UPEI track on Tuesday. I ran with my friend, Rob. We did a 10 minute warmup and then ran one lap hard and then then two laps easy and repeated that 5 times. It was a great speed workout and something I need to do more often. Otherwise, it was a bit slck for me during the week; I had two solid swims on wednesday and friday mornings; did not yoga Friday night. I had a very good weekend of training and sort of made up for a slack week. I biked for three hours Saturday morning and felt great; I ran for a half hour afterwards and felt like I could have run much further. Sunday I ran for two hours; felt really heavy for the first hour or so and then it got better as I went along. I was a bit slower than I was last weekend when I timed myself with my garmin. Then I did a ninety minute hot yoga class after the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment