Monday, April 6, 2009

Back to work

After having a late night on saturday night, my planned 17 k. run on Sunday got downgraded slightly to a 11 k. run. I actually didn't really feel bad but I have my friend, Lawrence, visiting from Vancouver and he was running with me. An 11 k. run is more recreational where you can chat and be finished in a reasonable time. When you start to run over an hour it becomes a bit more like work. This morning, I was a bit late getting to the pool. (7:15 am) Tdisc (Team Discovery) were there ahead of me which is unusual. I am not somebody who can jump out of bed and start working out right away. I need to get up, make coffee and eat something. I have always been that way. This means that I have to be up fairly early to make it to the pool for 7 am. I set my alarm for 6 am but sometimes lie in bed about 15 minutes thinking about getting up.
This morning I did my usual 400m warm up: with 100 swim, 100 pull, 100 swim 100 pull. I did 2- 100 m swim one arm drill switching arms every 6 strokes. Then did 10-100 swim with paddles and then 2-200 pull for a total of 2000m. I was out of the pool by 8 am and showered and at work by 8:30 which is perfect for me. I am planning on running about 10 k after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment