Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Swimming lesson day

This morning we had our weekly swimming lesson with Dave, the swim coach. We concentrated on Butterfly for the whole practice and it was fun. Challenging but fun. He wants us to become better all-around swimmers and not just be able to do front crawl. I think the theory is that being able to swim other strokes makes you a more balanced swimmer. We had on fins for most of the class to make us feel the water better when we kick. I am finding this stroke challenging as I am not very flexible and tend to keep my body tense. You need to be loose and let your body roll up and down through the water. Today makes a total of about 3 hours swimming this week and that may be all I have time for as I am going to Montreal for Easter weekend. I plan to run in Montreal and I may see if I can find a pool.

Yesterday, I taught spinning from 4:30 to 5:15 and had a good class with about 8 people. In general, I have to keep it in the back of my mind that I am doing a half-ironman triathlon in less than 2 months. (Mooseman on June 7th). I am going to need to get some regular outdoor cycling going pretty soon and some brick (bike/run) training. My plan for the rest of today is just an 8-10 k. run after work because I have to give my UPEI business law exam tonight. I might try to do some speed work by doing intervals of 5 minutes at a regular pace and then 1 minute fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment