Thursday, April 9, 2009

Confessions

If I am going to write in this blog about all the exercise I do, I will also have to admit when I don't quite make it. Yesterday, I fully intended to run 10 k after work but at about 4 pm, I mentally ran out of steam. I had to give my final business law exam last evening from 7-9pm and the idea of sqeezing a run, shower and supper in between 5pm and 7pm lost its appeal. As I've mentioned before, my constant battle is to fit everything into my schedule. It is both a strength and a weakness. I get a lot done but am always on the run.

So, today I am determined to get out cycling after work. In fact, I am going home at lunch time to pump up my tires, adjust my aerobars and get out my cold weather gear so that I can leave work around 4:30 and get right on my bike. I am going to do one of my regular routes (see previous posts re being a creature of habit) out to Fort Augustus and back. Its only about 45 k. but it is a good, fast training run. Tomorrow morning, I am off to Montreal at 6 am and will be up there good and early. I always run from my hotel up to Mount Royal and then up the mountain to the lookout at the top and then back to my hotel. It is about a 17 k run and I am looking forward to that. I was also looking online at the McGill pool schedule to see if I can get some swimming in.

No comments:

Post a Comment