Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rolling along

I got to the pool at 7 am today (15 mins. earlier than yesterday) and that makes a big difference in the morning. I felt good this morning. I decided to do some longer sets because I have been doing alot of 100s. So, I did a 500 warmup: 200 swim, 200 pull, 100 kick. I did 500m. swim, 400 m. pull, 300 m. swim, 200 m. pull, 100 m swim. I did almost all of it using paddles. Dave, the swim coach, says we should be using paddles for most of our workouts because they just build strength. I have been doing a minimum of 2000 m each swim workout but was thinking this morning that I am soon going to have to increase that. This year's ironman program starts for me in May. (for IM Canada the end of August.) I am going to try to do an advanced 17 week ironman training program. But, some of the workouts seem ridiculously hard or long. The first day's swim is 4600m. I would have to get to the pool at 6am to get that done. So, we will see how that goes starting in May.

I ran about 8 k. after work yesterday. I started out feeling slow and a bit sluggish but about halfway through started to feel great and was almost sprinting by the end of it. Today, I teach a spin class at 4:30 and that will be it for exercise. I am only doing spin classes for another couple of weeks and then I will be finished for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment